Friday 31 December 2010

New Year, New You!!!!

How many times have you heard or read "A new year, a new me"?
I have said this many times myself. It never happens. Which makes me wonder why we put so many unrealistic exspectations on ourselves (especially at new year). If we do things differently, will we suddenly have these transformed, amazing lives? Will we be happier a larger percent of the time? Will all our troubles just melt away?
Admittedly life is easier to cope with if you have a positive mental atitude. But as some people know I suffer with severe episodes of depression. I do have periods of positivity, and find spring and summer much easier to cope with (and nobody's perfect).

But what makes me wonder is: Who are these changes for?
Is it ourselves? Is it our friends and family (who love us anyway)? Is it society? Are we all searching for some unatainable perfection?
My plan for this new year is: See more of my friends, stop berating myself for the things I don't do, notice small things that make a day better. Oh and eat more veg!!! The problems and issues will still be there, but maybe the nicer things in life will shine through instead of hiding in the shadows.
You can try to be the best you that you can be! But remember being you is still perfect too!!!!
Billy Joel Just the Way you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment